Thursday, April 12, 2018

Perspective

Dear Peanut,

Today I got to see you for the very first time. Granted it was a little one-sided and you were playing with your feet over your head unaware that your Mama, Dada, the Technician and I had our eyes peeled on the large screen TV image of you. It was probably all white noise to you from the world outside your present one. But for me little one, it was new.

Today of all the days, it was snowing and wet and slick and right in the middle of April which evokes a deep annoyance and I look up at the sky and have a harsh exchange with Snow and tell her she's had six months of playtime. I stomp, I huff and puff.....most days. 

But today was different. Today, I had the oddest smile plastered to my face. There was snow everywhere. My hair was wet and wild-looking, my feet were soggy. I was cold. The train was over-crowded. People were coughing and sniffling. The slippery pavement fettered with a million snowflakes.Yet none of it mattered. 

Today, all I could think about was your chubby cheeks and your nose and your little feet over your head. 

I looked around and for the time today in four years with a fleeting thought. "This is a picture-perfect, snowy day in Calgary". 

They say perspective is everything. Who knew that your beautiful "utlra-sonic" view would change mine. So today is indeed a beautiful day my precious one, because today, I saw you for the very...first...time.


No comments:

Post a Comment