Tuesday, December 19, 2017

A letter for Peanut

Nov 29, 2017
Calgary

My dearest Peanut,

Today is a very special day for me. "Why?". You may ask. Well today is the day that I found out about you. And let me tell you little one, I haven't been able to stop grinning from ear to ear. I already love you. There is a little place in my heart that is brimming like a little cauldron, full of emotion and hope,  making me feel things I never thought before. ALL THE FEEEELLLSSS baby.

I keep thinking about you and I, and all the things that we have to look forward to. 

While you're likely to take on much of the qualities and characteristics of your wonderful parents, here's what I would love to pass on to you little one:

Our shared love for onesies, or a warm chocolate chip cookie from the oven. Perhaps you and I will simultaneously head-nod to the tunes of crazy jazz folks on the radio or carry on the reputation for beating the posted speed limit signs and zipping our way through city traffic. 

If you end up being a little girl perhaps you'll like to  apply eyeliner the way I do. And should we find out that you're going to be a little boy, perhaps you'll love a good biryani and mango ice cream too. 

I imagine your first, second and eighteenth birthday. All the adventures that we'll embark on. I can't wait little one. I absolutely cannot wait to see your pretty, pretty face.

The next time we meet, you'll be screaming at the top of your lungs and I'll be holding an ice bucket; a little terrified of the scene perhaps but know that if you ever need ice, or anything else, you can count on me, kid.

You can always count on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment